This can be shown with evidence that the couple share the same home, support each other financially and emotionally, have children together, or present themselves in public as a couple.

Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year.

A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people.

Example of pieces of personal identification include: Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language).

If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

Both men and women must list any spouse and/or partners.

If you do not list all your children (including adopted children) or your spouse and/or partner, you may be permanently separated from them.

Translators who are certified in Canada don’t need to supply an affidavit.

Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Applicants themselves or members of their family may not certify copies of your documents.

You may choose whether they are to be processed for permanent residence.

You have the right to remove a family member from processing for permanent residence up until the time you are issued your permanent resident visa.

Any application submitted before the five (or six) year period will be returned.