A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of: In Canada: Important information: Translations must not be done by the applicants themselves nor by members of the applicant’s family.

This can be shown with evidence that the couple share the same home, support each other financially and emotionally, have children together, or present themselves in public as a couple.

Common-law partners who have been in a conjugal relationship for at least one year but are unable to live together or appear in public together because of legal restrictions in their home country or who have been separated for reasons beyond their control (for example, civil war or armed conflict) may still qualify and should be included on the application.

Proxy, telephone, fax, internet and similar forms of marriage where one or both parties were not physically present are no longer considered as valid spousal relationships under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

For more information, consult Operational Bulletin 613.

Protected Persons seeking permanent residence may be eligible under the Immigration Loan Program for a loan.

The loan covers costs associated with transportation and medical examinations of their family members outside Canada.Loans are approved on the basis of need and the applicant's ability to repay the amount of loan required.If you apply for a loan, you will need to provide proof that you have tried to obtain a loan from a traditional lending institution such as a bank, and have been refused.Family members abroad whose whereabouts are unknown, but who are listed in your application will have one year from the day you are granted permanent residence to apply for permanent residence at a visa office.They will be processed as part of your application.Both men and women must list any spouse and/or partners.